Being preoccupied with daily tasks, I took a large break in updates on this project. Texturing of the Vostok-1 descent module outer surface took a lot of my energy as well. However new version of descent module model surface is more historically accurate. I also hope to improve visual realism of the “Спускаемый аппарат” model.
The model of ПУ-1-3КА has been created during project’s early stages. Continue reading
A lot of my ideas about composition and purpose of several parts of the “Vostok” spacecraft was incorrect. In earlier times I also were discovering inaccuracies and correcting them. However this time I’ll rework a lot. Continue reading
I’ve updated model of the radio. I’ll try to describe this device later, cause I’m in tight scedule finishing the spacecraft interior model.
See textured wireframe →
There is some job to do to improve ejection seat model. Earlier version of this part is done in a hurry and in conditions of information overflow. If working on such project one isn’t fast enough he doomed to die of an old age before project completion.
It turns out that second parachute of cosmonaut is situated under Continue reading
The food cabinet model is ready. Small details are normal map based. Normal map were generated from elevation map using NVIDIA Normal Map filter for Adobe Photoshop.
I’ve analyzed photographic data of “Vostok-1” spacecraft several more times and decided that “Vzor” device was without protractor markings unlike it’s older versions. I reworked model of device to appropriate look. Along with front ring changes I deduced and updated on the model optical system of mirrors. Also improved overall quality of the model.
Added missing detail to the circuit breaker cap. At the same time showing wireframe and textures of the transmitting key.
see wireframe and textures→
Twenty four hours i have spent to texture the transmitting key from “Vostok-1″ spaceship. Perhaps because i have lost my knack in texturing a little during long lasted process of modeling of spaceship’s interior surfaces. I missed at this time some relief elements of circuit braker’s cap. I’ll fix it next time.